Mary Theresa Cusack
Today you cannot waste time on quality that is not up to standard or snatch hours from your day to learn another talent. My focus is to tend to the technology you need so that you can concentrate on your skill set, your personal calling.
My speciality is web design and web applications. However, I am also am available for technical support, personal consultation and tutoring in computer literacy. I have over 20 years of IT experience to offer.
I have a conversational approach to tutoring and guiding people through the technical world. I try to put myself in the user's shoes, try to vision what they wish to accomplish and walk with them through the challenge that is before them.
If you are going to buy new technology and you are in the Easthampton Massachusetts area I can accompany you while you shop either in a store or on line. I will guide you to find the right technology for your needs.
- Born and raised in Western Massachusetts
- Three years applications engineer for pitney bowes integrating Docsense bill paying interface with existing client web sites.
- Five years of independent web development and web design for client. Designed a web store for a client selling hair care products from database to front end using mysql and php.
- Six years of Database Design and Database Administration
- Information Technology experience in the Education field
- Over 15 years of technical support, mentoring and tutoring
- Short Career as a Radio Broadcaster
- Participated in Community Theater as an actress
- 2003-2006 My own consulting work Emptysea Design. Emptysea was a clever sounding of my Initials: M.T.C. Designed ecommerce sites from ground up. Using MySQL to design the databases, php coding for the backend inventory system and using the data to create a store front web page where customers can order products online.
- 2006-2012 At Mohawk Regional School System I maintaned the Powerschool Student Information System. I was the first line of technical support since the other members of the IT department were taking care of the computer emergencies of 7 schools. I would guide users through the obstacles software would present.
- Web Page Design and Development
- Personal Mentoring
- Technical Support
- Self taught in Programming Language
- Database creation and Administration
- Microsoft Access, Excel and Word
- Photoshop and Graphic Skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair computers
- Patience and willing to work with people
- Meets a challenge head on